student block blaze

Firefighters rush to student block blaze in Coventry

Firefighters were called to a reports of a blaze at a student accommodation block in Coventry. The fire crews were dispatched to Hillman House around 1.45pm on Sunday (20th November).

The fire crews who were dispatched from Coventry and Foleshill Fire Stations were called to the flats on Corporation Street. The crews managed to get the fire under control within an hour and left the scene shortly after.

West Midlands Fire Service confirmed that the cause of the fire was a pan being left on the stove. Thankfully, the residents are said to have not been harmed in the incident.

Stories like this is why we stress prioritising fire safety in all homes and accommodations. Students are likely not educated on fire safety and different types fire extinguishers.

So for in those situations we recommend fire blankets and all firexo fire extinguishers as they do not require as much training.

Fire blankets are an excellent choice for any domestic properties as they can be used without formal training. A Firexo fire extinguisher can be used on any class of fire, so cannot be mixed up in a panic and used incorrectly.